Thursday, 3 September 2020
Title: Taste and See that the Lord is Good
Author: Arnold Lim
Taste and see that the Lord is good;
blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.
If you are reading this devotional and have yet to accept Jesus as your Saviour, I have a message for you: Take a step of faith – accept Jesus as Lord. Taste and see that the Lord is good. “Why?” you may ask, “What’s in it for me?” The answer is “A lot!” God’s word contains many promises for his children. Here are just a few:
- As we live in a fallen world, life is punctuated with joy, happiness and trials and tribulation. Christians are not exempt from suffering and pain. But as a child of God, the Lord will see you through the valleys of life. In Psalm 91:14-15, it reads: “Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honour him.”
- Do you find yourself trapped? Are you yearning for a fresh start? Do you keep repeating past mistakes? Accept Jesus as Lord and you will break out by the power by the Holy Spirit (5,6). The Holy Spirit will re-generate your heart (1). He will mould your mind with new patterns of thought. Then, God will be able to bless you beyond what you can ask or imagine (2).
- Receive God’s forgiveness for your sins (3); put behind you all the wrongs and mistakes made in the past, whether it is related to your job, business or family. Once God has forgiven you, you will find it in your heart to forgive others that have wronged you.
- God will bless you in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ (4): i) You will receive the Holy Spirit. The Spirit will transform your life in word, thought and deed. You will appreciate the wisdom contained in His word and the glory of His promises. Then, experience the peace of God envelop you. ii) And most importantly, you will receive eternal life (7). After days on earth end, your soul will be with God. Jesus says in John 14: _“My Father’s house has many rooms… I will come back and take you to be with me” (in heaven) iii) When God’s everlasting kingdom and dominion is established, we, the saints, will rule together with God (8).
Accepting Jesus as Lord is a big step for you; but it is an even bigger step in the spiritual realm. To exaggerate: “The stars will re-align!” Taste and see that the Lord is good!
Jesus, I declare that you are Lord and God. I believe that you died on the cross and rose again on the third day. Jesus, I ask: Be Lord of my heart. Come into my life. Cleanse me from all my sins and set me free. Fill me with the Holy Spirit. Be with me forever! Amen!
If you have said the prayer, you are now a Christian – a child of God!
(1) Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come. The old has gone, the new is here! (2 Corinthians 5:17)
(2) Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us. (Ephesians 3:20)
(3) If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9)
(4) Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. (Ephesians 1:3)
(5) But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. (John 14:26)
(6) And when he comes, he (Holy Spirit) will convict the world concerning sin, righteousness and judgement. (John 16:7-8)
(7) For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16)
(8) Then the sovereignty, power and greatness of all the kingdoms under heaven will be handed over to the holy people of the Most High. His Kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all rulers will worship and obey him. (Daniel 7:27)
如果您正在阅读这篇灵修课，但尚未接受耶稣为您的救主，那么我有一个信息给你：迈出信心的一步 – 接受耶稣为主。您们要尝尝主恩的滋味、便知道他是美善。 “为什么？” 您可能会问，“这对我有什么 好处？” 答案是 “很多！” 上帝的话语对祂的儿女们有许多应许。这里仅列出数项：
- 当我们生活在一个堕落的世界中时，生活是充满欢乐、幸福、试炼和磨难。基督徒不能免于遭受苦难和痛苦。但是，作为上帝的儿女，每当经历人生的低谷，上帝的眼目会看顾您。主在诗篇91：14-15（新译本）中写道： “耶和华说：「因为他恋慕我，我必搭救他；因为他认识我的名，我必保护他。他求告我，我必应允他；他在患难中，我必与他同在；我必拯救他，使他得尊荣。”
- 上帝必在基督里，把天上各种属灵的福分赐给 您（注4）：i）您会领受圣灵。圣灵将在言语、思想和行为上改变您的生活。您将爱慕祂话语中所包含的智慧以及祂的应许的荣耀。接着，再体验上帝以祂的平安笼罩着您。 ii）最重要的是，您将获得永生（注7）。在尘世间的日子结束之后，您的灵魂将与上帝同在。耶稣在约翰福音14章中说道：_ “在我父的家里有许多住处……（我）就必再来接你到我那里去” （天堂）iii）当上帝永恒的国度和统治的权能完全建立时，我们，祂的圣徒，必与祂一起掌权（注8）。
接受耶稣为主是您迈出的一大步；但这在属灵境界是更大的一步。说得夸张一点儿： “星星将会重新对齐！” 尝尝主恩的滋味、便知道祂是美善！
- 若有人在基督里，他就是新造的人，旧事已过，都变成新的了。（歌林多后书 5:17）
- 我们若认自己的罪，神是信实的，是公义的，必要赦免我们的罪，洗净我们一切的不义。（约翰一书 1:9）
- 但保惠师，就是父因我的名所要差来的圣灵，他要将一切的事指教你们，并且要叫你们想起我对你们所说的一切话。（约翰福音 14:26）
- 他既来了，就要叫世人为罪、为义、为审判，自己责备自己。（约翰福音 16:7-8）
- 神爱世人，甚至将他的独生子赐给他们，叫一切信他的，不至灭亡，反得永生。（约翰福音 3:16）